Q&A

[ENG] 문의하기

A SIMPLIFIED SPEED READING COURSE FOR 8 TO 12 YEAR OLD KIDS

페이지 정보

• Writer : Markus
  • Date : 23-10-10 21:57
  • Hit : 113

본문

A SIMPLIFIED SPEED READING COURSE FOR 8 TO 12 YEAR OLD KIDS I used to teach speed reading courses to adults. I remember being excited when one lady got to where she could read 3,000 words per minute. She was the fastest student that I had ever seen. It took her 6 weeks to get that good. Then I got invited to teach some children to speed read at a local school. Not being a "regular" school teacher, this was intimidating and scary, but I wanted the experience. As it turned out, I'm glad I did it.

WOW! Kids sure learn it so much easier! And better, too. How much better? Let me put it this way: When I taught the class of 9-11 year old kids, I was in a state of shock when one 9 year old girl was able to read 41 pages in 30 seconds, with good comprehension, ON THE SECOND DAY. I considered myself lucky to know someone of such rare intelligence. WRONG. The next day, one-third of the class was doing just as well.

By the end of the week, everybody was a genius. By the end of the one-month course, only three kids in the whole class couldn't read at least 10,000 words per minute. I have since come to realize that most 8 to 12 year old children are natural speed readers, if they are given the chance to learn the skill properly. And homeschool parents and 2nd-7th grade teachers, praca zbrojarz tygodniówki warszawa especially, are positioned to take full advantage of this opportunity, if they are just willing to put forth the effort to give this simple course the "acid test" on their 8-12 year old kids.

In fact, recently, I have begun to do seminars at local homeschool groups to train PARENTS in the fine art of how to teach children to speed read. It's all very simple, really. Wait a minute! If this is so easy, then why aren't all those speed reading companies focusing on the kids? That's easy. There are three reasons: praca tartak szwajcaria 1) There's no money in it. Nobody's going to pay $300 to $500 for Junior insurance broker near me to read The Cat in the Hat faster. 2) Those other courses are tailored to grownups.

Complete with lots of written busywork. Paperwork is poison to kids. 3) I believe that many of them must be unaware that kids master the skill so well. Many of them don't even allow young children to enroll in their in-class courses. Even though children catch on to speed reading very quickly, it's best to keep on them for at least a month to make sure that they internalize it. After that, just monitor them to see that they are using it on a regular basis for another 2 months or more (example: have them read one or two books per day for enjoyment value.

If you liked this article and you simply would like to receive more info pertaining to praca zbrojarz tygodniówki warszawa nicely visit our own web-page.

개인정보취급방침

닫기

이메일주소무단수집거부

닫기